What is The Best Garlic Press?
For so many reasons than one, having the best garlic press in your kitchen is very important. A garlic press is a kitchen tool with which garlic is pressed in a very short amount of time. What it does is to force peeled garlic cloves past a line of tiny little metals using a piston.
There are lots of people that love this kitchenware because it helps them avoid the pungent smell of garlic on their hands. While some love it because they believe the flavor and taste of garlic are stronger in food when pressed than when minced. Whichever your reason is, if you love garlic then you know that it’s a cool addition to a great kitchen.
If for whatever reason you’re doubting the need to have a garlic press in your kitchen, then maybe knowing that pressed garlic is believed to add more flavor to food than when minced will convince you. Pressed garlic is said to have a very robust flavor when compared to minced garlic. It is even easier to prepare and use when cooking.
Likewise, pressing a garlic actually opens up the health benefits and nutrients of garlic.
- What is The Best Garlic Press?
- Best Garlic Press Buying Guide
- Top 5 Best Garlic Press
- How to Use a Garlic Press
- How to Maintain a Garlic Press
Best Garlic Press Buying Guide
Like many other kitchen tools, shopping and styling for an option can be quite tasking because of the numerous opinions and options on the market to choose from. Just so you’re not swayed by opinions, we have curated an informative buying guide that’ll help you know what to look out for when deciding on the best garlic press for you.
Garlic presses can be made out of many different materials, some of which are metal alloys, aluminum, plastic and stainless steel. With each material having its own merits and demerits. You should decide on which you’ll be more comfortable with but the best garlic press is made of stainless steel. This material helps to neutralize the pungent smell of garlic.
Depending on your needs, you need to consider the amount you’ll be willing to spend on buying the best garlic press for your kitchen. A less expensive model should do for home use as it might reduce the problems that come with mincing garlic. However, if you know you’ll be involved with the regular chopping of garlic, then you should go with a more expensive model because they come with more features.
Type of a Garlic Press
You have an option to also choose among the different types of Garlic Press before you settle for any. There are Garlic pressers that are made for pressing only garlic and there are those that can mince other ingredients. So if you’ll be chopping or mincing other ingredients apart from garlic regularly, then you might want to go for a multipurpose Presser.
Size Of The Garlic Press
Big garlic pressers can press more than one garlic at once depending on the size of the garlic. But, don’t forget the bigger the garlic Presser, the more strength and muscle required to press more than one garlic at once.
Ease Of cleaning
Like all other kitchen tools, ease of cleaning is an important factor to be considered when it comes to the best Garlic Press. Some come with removable screens that makes it easy to place them in a dishwasher and some are not safe to be put in dishwashers.
Durability is important due to the constant pressure that garlic pressers undergo. So you have to consider how durable the garlic Presser you want to buy will be.
The best Garlic Press features a comfortable and secure grip so that there’s no possibility of it slipping out of your hands when you’re pressing your garlic cloves.
Top 5 Best Garlic Press
ORBLUE Propresser Stainless Steel Kitchen Garlic Press
Amidst every other garlic presses, Kitchen utility pro’s choice features good garlic press qualities at an affordable price. If you are planning on getting a garlic press soon then pick the best garlic press in the list below. The very first on our list is the Orblue Propresser garlic press. This kitchen press minces the garlic well either with peels or no peels. The ergonomic handles make it easy and comfortable to crush the garlic easily. This garlic press also features a basket which makes it very easy to clean after use. In addition, it comes with a roller hence, if you choose to remove peels you can do it easily.
- The hand presser is easy to clean and won’t rust, bend, break or weaken at the joint even after consistent use.
- Also, it comes with an easy-to-use handle. The handles are precision-engineered, providing optimal leverage with minimal effort.
- It also features an extra-large basket which lets you crush several cloves at once to help reduce preparation time.
- Lastly, it Includes easy-to-use rocker/peeler that quickly removes peel in a single motion
- Customers said when garlic drops between the handles, it is difficult to clean.
ZYLISS Susi 3 Garlic Press “No Need to Peel”
One of the best features of the Zyliss Susi garlic press is the lightweight attribute. This makes it easy for cooks with little strength and even kids to use. The best time to enjoy the aluminum lightweight feature is when cloves are peeled, it is quite easier to press than the unpeeled cloves. The garlic press also comes with a basket for easy cleaning which is why it made our best garlic press list.
- It comes with a Lightweight ergonomic handle which makes pressing garlic or ginger easy
- The hopper size is large hence it accommodates large garlic cloves
- In addition, the press is dishwasher safe but hand wash is recommended
- The Zyliss Susi garlic press comes with a 5 Year Manufacturer Guarantee
- Customers complained the cleaning tool clogged while using it.
- The unpeeled clove requires a lot of strength
Alpha Grillers Garlic Press and Peeler Set
Alpha Grillers garlic press is one of the top-rated garlic press with its added silicone roller used to remove clove. This gadget makes a good add-on in the kitchen. If you are looking to present a gift then this is the perfect kitchen utility gift. The press is quite easy to use and very comfortable to hold.
- The garlic press is made from solid stainless steel hence the gadgets will last long.
- The press can be used to mince both unpeeled garlic cloves and peeled root ginger easily: garlic comes out, peel stays in.
- Comes with an easy to squeeze and easy to clean feature. Just rinse under water or run through the dishwasher
- The manufacturer promises a lifetime guarantee. Love it or your money back!
- No demerit yet!
OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Garlic Press
The best garlic press list will never be complete without the OXO good grip garlic press. This press has a unique feature which is the rubber handle. The rubber handle makes it comfortable to use and reduces the chances of garlic smelling on your hands after using the garlic press. Also, the press is lightweight and resistant to corrosion. Hence, the press will last long in your kitchen. In addition, the press is very easy to clean. You don’t have to worry about trapped garlic in the reservoir; they can be removed easily by just swinging the upper handle in the opposite direction to push the residue out.
- The press houses large-capacity garlic chamber
- Also, the in-Built cleaner pushes out garlic peels
- The press features a sturdy, die-cast zinc construction
- It is Dishwasher safe
- Lastly, it comes with a soft, comfortable, non-slip handles which absorb pressure while squeezing.
- Customers complain there are a lot of garlic leftovers. Hence it wastes a lot of garlic.
Kuhn Rikon Epicurean Garlic Press
The best garlic press goes to Kuhn Rikon garlic press. This gadget features an outstanding ergonomic design and makes it a top choice amidst every other garlic press. More so, the flavor it adds to the garlic is truly distinct. The impressive non-slip handle helps with grip and are very efficient for mincing. Furthermore, like every other garlic press on our list, the Kuhn Rikon press also comes with a generous basket. Hence, it is easy to clean and maintain.
- The press is all stainless-steel. It makes quick, efficient work of pressing garlic or ginger
- You can place unpeeled garlic cloves inside and get the pressed garlic you want
- It is designed to fit comfortably into the palm of the hand and also engineered to require far less effort to use.
- The press also comes with a B-Sieve which makes it easy to flush out clean under water
- It can also be washed in a dishwasher
- Lastly, the press comes with a 2 years warranty.
- Customers complain the garlic squishes out around the side.
How to Use a Garlic Press
The garlic pressing process is a very simple, fast and interesting one. A whole lot of people would argue that you could use a chef’s knife to smash garlic into a paste or chop it into little bits, but if you have little or no time to waste, then your best bet is a garlic press. Beyond that, the flavor of pressed garlic on food is more intense than the flavor of minced garlic. You might ask, how do you use a garlic press?
- Make sure to peel off the husky dry cover on the outer part of the garlic cloves.
- Takeout any garlic that doesn’t have green shoots, and removes whichever garlic has green shoots.
- Depending on the size of your garlic and garlic press, you’ll know how many garlic you can press per time. If it’s a small garlic press, make sure to put only one garlic clove each time.
- Position your press over a clean bowl or plate so the garlic can fall into it.
- Press tight and hold the handles very closely till the garlic falls out into the bowl in a paste.
How to Maintain a Garlic Press
Maintaining a garlic press is as easy as using it. One of the most important things to note is that there should be no garlic paste in press holes. While pressing garlic, a few of the crumbs will remain in the press holes, it is important to remove them using thin and short items like a toothpick to remove the garlic particles. After doing this, wash and rinse thoroughly to help your garlic press stay durable and usable. You can also read our post on The Best Wok to Buy